Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Taste of Poland - Dyer, IN

How very interesting, a buffet with a plethora of Polish food here in NW Indiana.  Dropped by there with a group of teenage boys and another Dad and we all left quite full.  The hot buffet was quite substantial and included sausage, kraut, pierogies, and potato pancakes to name a few.  Multiple cold salads and sides rounded off one side of the buffet line, while a dessert extravaganza lined the other.  I have to say the sausage and kraut were both quite nice, although I prefer my pierogies fried rather than boiled.  Overall, it is your own fault if you left there hungry.  $12 for the buffet seemed fair considering the multiple options, and the staff was very attentive.

I suppose in some ways I came away underwhelmed, but in retrospect I think it's because of one thing.  I don't really think of Polish fare as something unique or special.  Having grown up in Buffalo, NY, we just called it food since the ingredients and cooking styles were so ingrained in us.  I'd give it 3/5 for now, but maybe 3.5 for the desserts.  I hope they stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment